Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Welcome 2-6-08 through 2-12-08

Welcome!! I hope everyone is surviving this weather better than we are. I have rotated the crud through each of my three kids and now am back at the originator who appears to be headed for round two. I think I officially have "it" too. Good thing I stocked up on some Delsym at Harris Teeter when I noticed it in their clearance bin this past week. That would be my tip of the week. From store to store I am noticing that everyone is doing some sort of inventory spring cleaning. CVS is and will be marking down shampoos in the coming weeks. They marked down their Bonne Bell lip glosses and I got several for .62. At Teeter, they were marking down several "seasonal" items and I found 3 bottles of Delsym for 3.06 (reg price 8.99) and had the mfg coupons for 2.00 off. Michaels put their Christmas stuff on clearance for 90% off this week and I found there to be alot of stuff they considered Christmas. Kohls had racks and racks of clothes for 80% off. Just take a look around where your regular shopping takes you and see if you notice the store clearing out "stuff".

At the grocery stores I did not notice very much on sale. This might be a down week. They happen from time to time and can last one week or even two. These are the weeks that I take advantage of my stockpiled groceries and use up what I got on a good deal weeks before and rely less on what is on sale. The recipes I have posted for this week are a combination of things you might have on hand from previous sales and what is on sale this week. Several people have asked me about my pantry. I keep it well stocked. I tell my husband when he gripes about how many boxes of Cheerios I have on hand that there is a method to my madness. If I find a good deal I do not buy just one, I buy as many as I can get for that good deal price even though I might not immediately need it/them. Sales cycle and some are more frequently and some are more rare. They call it stockpiling. Once you have a good base of the things you use all the time then you will only buy it when it is a good deal and never pay full price again for that item. It aggrivates my husband to the hilt to have 10 boxes of Cheerios but he loves that I get everything so cheap and free up money.

If you have not sent in your rebates, check their postmark required dates and get them out. Make sure you make copies just in case...... I had one of these this past week where I was shorted about 9.00 and called to follow up and they asked me to send the receipt. I told them they had it and I could sent a copy of it since they could not "find" it. Happens from time to time, so make copies. I also date them so I can remember when I sent them out.

Have a good week and email if you have any questions.
justgenna@triad.rr.com
Genna