Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Welcome 2-27-08 thru 3-4-08

Welcome!! I hope everyone is doing well and are starting to feel their savings in the checkbook. Rumor is that there is going to be 3 inserts this upcoming Sunday so it might be a good coupon week. Hopefully the coupons we do get will make for great deals next week because I have mixed feelings about this week after last week's run on cheap veggies at Teeter!

I am going to be updating the individual grocery stores tomorrow (2-29-08) after I have done walk throughs- that is usually when I spot some good deals. I wonder if they intentionally have great unadvertised deals to see who the cherry pickers (couponers) are. Anyways, from what is on sale in the circulars there are plenty of things we can make for dinners. I did go overboard with the recipes this week but I had a ton more and that was what I could narrow it down to- I had a hard time making decisions about food this week!! Oh well....

There are a few Friday only deals you need to know about:

1. McDonalds: Free McSkillet Burrito with Medium or Large Drink Purchase. No coupon needed. Rumor is that to get your lowest oop (out of pocket) you should opt for the medium coffee.

2. Ronzoni Pasta: We recently got a mfg coupon for 1.00 off a box. There is a one day promotion with them that if you purchase one Ronzoni Healthy Harvest on Friday Feb 29, 2008 you will mail your original register tape and the official form (from the internet) by March 15 and will be reimbursed.This is a money maker since you will have the 1.00 coupon to use. Find the official form that you will need at
http://www.healthyharvestpasta.com/leap_rebate.htm

Remember the Flowers Thrift store in Jamestown for cheap bread that usually retails for over 2.39 a loaf. I am still eating my bread and it is very soft still and if I had gotten it at Aldi at the same time, it would be a cruton loaf by now. A much better deal.

There are several new sites that have coupons:
www.redplum.com
www.homesolutionsnews.com
www.franksredhot.com
wwwlfrenchsfoods.com
www.bettycrocker.com
www.pillsbury.com
www.unilever.com


There is also a deal for eating out that might be worth checking into. I saw in the coupon inserts this past week that O'Charleys has a special on Mondays and Tuesdays: 2 for 20.00: 2 dinners (Chicken O'Tenders, Cedar-planked Tilapia, Chili Cheese Nacho Burger, Cajun Chicken Pasta, Fried Shrimp Dinner) + 2 drinks + rolls. From what I remember it is O'Charleys that also has a deal for children. It used to be that with every adult meal you got 2 free childrens' meals. I am wondering if they will honor that with this deal. The whole family could eat for 20.00 and have leftovers I am sure.

Feel free to email me with any questions and forward to any of your friends you think might need it.
Genna