Thursday, February 21, 2008

Welcome! 2-20-08 thru 2-26-08

Welcome!!! To anyone who is new and wondering what this is..... I am Genna and this blog is about couponing, deal finding, deal buying and making a meal out of those deals. Our sales start on Wednesdays and my goal is to post by Friday nights what is on sale at my favorite grocery stores (Harris Teeter #1 and Lowes #2) and match recipes to the sale items. I am hoping that this will help someone save some money on their grocery bill and loosen up some money and ultimately lessen some stress. I have been doing this for over 10 years and have saved a ton and paid cash for lots of stuff that would have otherwise landed on a credit card or gone without.

This has been a trying week. Harris Teeter is inconsistent in their acceptance of competitor's coupons, especially the internet printable ones. I would strongly reccommend that if you are planning on using a competitor IP coupon that you "clear" it with the CSM (customer service manager) on duty prior to shopping. It all depends who is working whether or not they will take the coupon. I am specifically talking about the 2.00 off Produce coupon from Food Lion this week. This coupon makes for some great deals with the 5/5 sale at Teeter. I have had several CSMs take the coupon and several that would not- and at the same location too! Crazy. I asked corporate about it a month ago and they were semi-evasive and it must be a store by store, manager by manager policy. Who knows..... just clear your coupon first so that you don't waste your time.

Just a FYI about coupons that state "do not double" or "do not triple": On each coupon is a barcode/UPC code. On the left, outside of the actual barcode, is a tiny number. Usually the number is a 5 or a 9. If the number is a 5 the coupon will double or triple regardless of what is stated/printed on it. If the number is a 9, the coupon will NOT double or triple.

The Santa Fe salsa taste guarantee that I told you about last week is on sale 2.25 BOGO at Food Lion so it might be a deal if you purchase 2 and submit. I am hoping that they reimburse for the regular price which would give you 2 free jars of salsa when it is all said and done.

There are 2 new rebate forms. The first is for 4.00 on pizza by Icehouse. I found this form at the Food Lion on the corner of Penny Rd and Wendover Ave. The second one I just heard about and it is 10 back on a 20 purchase of seafood. I think this one was found at the Lowes on Old Oak Ridge Rd.

I usually do no shop at Kmart but noticed that they had a coupon on their flyer for .99 dozen eggs. That is a good price considering the eggs at Teeter are 2.69 a dozen? and the eggs at Sams Club were 2.63 for an 18 pack.

Be sure to check out the deal for the frozen vegetables at Harris Teeter. I explained it on the Harris Teeter page. Feel free to email me with any questions, justgenna@triad.rr.com

Happy shopping,
Genna