Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome 2-13-08 through 2-19-08

Welcome!! I think we might have some more new people looking this week! I hope that you find this blog easy to understand and that you will find it helpful in your grocery planning, shopping, meal planning and that it will ultimately help you get your grocery bill/budget lower. I have been couponing for a long time and found that I have always saved money but it became more significant of a savings when I started meal planning in advance based on what was on sale and what I had coupons for.

I decided to add a brief explanation on the three stores' pages about their coupon policies. Things are always changing so I thought it might be helpful to keep this on each page and update accordingly. This week- or month- it seems that Harris Teeter is changing its coupon policies. Harris Teeter has been my favorite grocery store for 10 years because they were coupon friendly and had great sales. Lately, I have had more savings at Lowes Foods.

In the past, I have always gotten my bread at Aldi. When I first started shopping there, the bread was .49 a loaf and now it is up to .69? I have not been impressed with the quality lately. I decided to go to the Flowers outlet in Jamestown this week to check it out. GO GO GO. Not beautiful but let me tell you I am never going to Aldi again for bread. I got loaves of Natures Own for .69 a loaf. It was so soft and fresh I ate 4 slices when I got home. I priced the same loaf at Teeter and it was 2.39!! I got the double fiber which meant that I could eat more for my weight watchers points. They had all sorts of bread and they were all CHEAP. I can't say enough. It is right on Main Street in Jamestown.

If anyone who lives in Greensboro still does not get a Sunday paper, let me know if you want a cheap subscription and I can help you get one. If you live outside of Greensboro, Walmart will sell the Sunday edition for .75 but if you live in GSO I can get it cheaper than that.

If anyone has a question, email me at justgenna@triad.rr.com and I will try to help. If you see a deal, let me know too. One day, I hope to get CVS on here too but right now I don't have the time. CVS is awesome (I have gotten thousands of free stuff and I mean THOUSANDS) but it can be very time consuming to put together deals.
Genna