Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome to grocery deals and meals 1-2-08

Welcome!!! This is an exciting week because the next three days are triple coupons at Harris Teeter! You will notice immediately that there is not much information for the other grocery stores this week... Teeter will be the place to shop this week except for the few items I noted at Lowes and Food Lion that directly tie back to a recipe for this week.

Don't worry that your coupon box might be thinned out because it seemed like everything "good" expired 12-31-07..... there are deals to be had and there are ways to make meals out of those deals. I hope everyone is getting organized in their coupons.... I am slowly digging out all my expireds and my bedroom looks like my box exploded and the coupons are all over the floor as I type this. Oh well.....If you haven't started saving your receipts, start and keep them separated by month even if it means just stuffing them into a ziploc baggie. If you want to feel awesome for all this effort, keep track of how much you are saving and spending. I track my spending month by month and use these figures to set a grocery budget at the beginning of the year. Last year my goal (we are a family of 5) was to have my groceries for $250.00 or less a month. This year my goal is $150.00 a month in groceries since the last six months have been less than $150.00. Believe me each coupon adds up and after 9.5 years I have broken $29,000 in coupon savings. It is possible and you don't have to eat Ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner to do it.... that is unless you love them and that is ok too.

Remember that January is historically the best month for inserts. Just heard that there will be 5 inserts this upcoming weekend. They have tended to be fatter, have more rebates, and the face values of the coupons higher. If you do not get the Sunday paper, you need to start subscribing instead of buying at the store! If you live in Greensboro, I am able to get you a Sunday only subscription cheap.... just email me at justgenna@triad.rr.com


Genna