Thursday, January 17, 2008

Welcome 1/16/08 through 1/22/08

Welcome!! I hope that as the month ends everyone is starting to feel like they are saving some money and that grocery budgets are improving and loosening so that what you save can be applied to other areas that are tight. Start tracking your spending and savings so you feel that this hard work is benefitting you and you will feel empowered. Believe me.

I feel like I have lots of information to pass on to you this week.

I think I have said before that things can literally change overnight in the world of coupons, sometimes for the better and sometimes for more frustrating experiences. This week I would describe it as changes for the latter. Seems that Harris Teeter is changing their stance on coupons. I usually do not complain and like to live my life flying below the radar and hate confrontation so I was so frustrated with Harris Teeter that I contacted their corporate office to complain and seek clarification. They were vague and referred me to the store manager because apparently each manager has some discretion about what they will accept as a coupon. First, they do not accept expired coupons and said that they would fire any associate found to be taking them. Second, they said that they would honor competitors coupons but each manager could decide not to (like the CVS ones). Third, they said that their policy on using 2 coupons for BOGO is that they will accept only one coupon because the second item is free (even though they ring up half price). But if you buy just one, then it is going to ring up half price and you can use one coupon. My interpretation is that you need to separate the BOGO items into 2 orders and split up your coupons accordingly to be able to use both without the cashier giving you grief. Fourth, they said that you can use coupons on that BOGO item and they would be addressing the Adams Farm store that said you cannont use any coupons. on any BOGO items. So my overall take is that Harris Teeter is still my favorite store but I am going to have to plan my trips better there and become more strategic in separating my BOGO items so that they don't freak out and everytime I plan to use a CVS coupon I will head to the CSM counter to clear it before I begin shopping.

There are more rebates out there I have learned about since last week:

1. Red Stripe Beer: spend 5.01 on Deli Fried Chicken or Rotisserie Chicken and get 5.00 back. I found this one at the Food Lion on Main Street in Jamestown. It expires 2-9-08.

2. Michelob: spend 15.00 on seafood (shrimp, salmon, all fish, all crab, scallops) and get 10.00 back. This one I found at several Food Lions and will be good to use in conjuction with a BOGO sale. It expires 3-31-08.

3. Miller: spend 10.00 on party supplies (paper plates, cups, utensils, etc) and get 5.00 back. I found this one at several Food Lions and it is good until 2-5-08. This one is a good one. I had to buy some paper plates and napkins and easily the "etc" could generously be applied to other items.

4. Pepsi/Frito Lay $15.00 rebate. They have a list of things to buy and you will get back either 15.00 in pepsi/frito lay coupons or a credit for 15.00 at the NFLshop.com. This can be used with the current sales of BOGO Doritos and the CVS deal of spending 20.00 on pepsi and getting 10.00 in ECBs. There are many conbinations you can put together to get the deal. I am not doing this one since I still have about 30 12 packs from an earlier deal and if I buy chips, I will eat them and am trying to lose weight.

5. Go to LiveActiveFoods.com and research for the LiveActive 2 week guarantee and you can submit for free cheese.

Remember to check out the wine isles for hangtags. I found several this week for: 1.00 off shrimp, 2.00 off chocolate or flowers, 2.00 off Freschetta pizza, and 2.00 off pasta and or sauce.

If anyone is still not getting a Sunday paper and wants to, contact me if you live in Greensboro and I can help you get a cheap rate. If you don't want to do that, Walmart will sell the Sunday edition for .75 but remember a few things: that sometimes the coupons will vary from subscription issues to newstand issues, figure out your gas in going each Sunday to Walmart, and the subscription rate is a way lot cheaper than .75 an issue. Just a thought if you are on the fence about this whole couponing thing.

If anyone has any questions or finds a great deal, email me at justgenna@triad.rr.com

Have fun!!! Genna

ps the internet sites that I have used this week for coupons are:
www.afullcup.com
www.unclebens.com
www.coupons.com