Saturday, January 12, 2008

Welcome 1-9-08 through 1-15-08

Welcome!!
I hope everyone is finding some good deals to begin the new year with more money in your pocket.

Initially, the coupon inserts last week looked good, but not awesome. Believe me there are ways to make them awesome. I bought extra papers and am now glad I did so. (The Peter Pan peanut butter coupon for 1.00 off means free peanut butter at Walmart and at Harris Teeter this week. )

Being that SuperBowl time of year, be on the lookout for the beer rebates on the store displays. They are sometimes hard to see, hard to find because they get snatched up quickly, are worth big money, and are limited to one per household. For the most part, Food Lion has been the best place to find rebates for beer offers. I am not sure why but I will go in there once in a while and just look for the rebates I know are out there. Here are a brief list of the ones I know exist right now:

1. Coors SuperBowl send 20, get 10 back on chips, meat, condiments, soda and party items.... This one is easy to find on the big Coors displays. Looks like a phamplet and the rebate is on the back page. I have seen it at Lowes Foods, Harris Teeter and Food Lion.

2. Miller 10% back on your grocery order. The minimum grocery purchase must be 30.00 and then you submit the receipt and get back 10%. I submitted a receipt that included diapers and wipes! They will not allow smokes, electronics, PX. There is a household max of 20.00 per household, so I have submitted several receipts in separate envelopes to see what happens. I found these only at Lowes Foods.

#3. Miller "Pick up Miller Lite & Your Party Essentials" rebate. This is a single sheet with 3 separate rebates on it. The first one is spend 10.00 on pizza and get 5.00 back. I have submitted receipts for Papa Johns before where I did a BOGO Entertainment coupon for 2 large pizzas and then got the double play of the rebate back and the total for 2 delivery pizzas came out to 6.something! So they will take delivery receipts. Good date night rebate. The second rebate is spend 10.00 on a rotisserie chicken and get 5.00 back. The third is spend 10.00 on deli platters and get 5.00 back. Good if you are having a party for the superbowl or having to take something somewhere, you might as well save some money! You can separate and do all 3. They expire 2/5/08. I found these only at the Harris Teeter on the corner of Friendly Ave and Guilford College Rd on a Miller beer display in front of the meat counter and they were at the very bottom of the display and VERY hard to see initially.

#4. Budweiser "save 15.00 on deli items or pizza" so spend 15.00, get back 15.00. You can compile several receipts. I have not found this coupon anywhere around here but am searching. I did trade someone on the internet for 1 and think it will show up in Food Lion since it does not expire until 2/3/08. The categories are so broad that anyone will be able to use it if we can only find it in the stores.

#5. Budweiser "save 15.00 on chips, tortillas, salsa, cooking oil, MEATS, CHEESES, marinades, and all canned or bottled VEGS or sauces" so spend 15.00 and get 15.00 back. Again, you can submit several receipts. This one includes almost everything in the grocery store!! This one again exp 2-3-08. I have not been able to find anywhere. I did trade for one on the internet but imagine they will eventually show up in a Food Lion around here by the end of the month.

#6. Miller has one coming out that is spend 50 (in several receipts) and get 25.00 back. This one will include meats and just about everything in the grocery store. I am on the hunt for it and think if it is distributed around here, it will most likely be in a Food Lion.

Whenever you submit a receipt, make copies of your submission. I make copies of my forms and grocery receipts. It has come in handy when I have had problems being paid and helps me keep track of what I have done. I also have a tiny journal where I log in every rebate with the date I sent it off and the amount I expect back and when I receive the checks I go in and redate receipt and check it off. It helps because I am still waiting on some from JULY and know which ones I need to follow back up on with a call to the 1-800 line. Just a thought.

This is a great time of year to start tracking your spending and savings and see how you grow by the end of the year. I hope everyone can find one piece of information that they can directly tie to their grocery situation. I hope to one day to include CVS but due to the time involved, I can't right now. That is one goal I have for the year.

Genna