Friday, December 21, 2007

Welcome 12-18-07 thru 12-24-07

Welcome to deals and mealts 12-18-07 through 12-24-07!!

Time to clean out your coupon systems and get rid of all expired coupons! Look at all deodorants, shampoos, soaps, razors, toothpaste coupons and any that are for 1.00 off and do not say "excludes trial sizes" can be used on the trial size ones at Target and Walmart. This is something I have just recently started doing. I am stocked to the ceiling in these items in the full sizes but before I toss out 1.00 coupons I have started checking out the travel sizes at Walmart and Target and trying to match coupons to products. They are FREE after the 1.00 and I put together bags to donate with them. Just another way to bless someone who is less fortunate and when it is just tax you are paying it is just your time in pulling the coupons and standing for a few moments in the travel isle.

Several things to note. First, since this is a holiday weekend, I do not anticipate any inserts in Sunday's paper. Second, since Christmas is on Tuesday I do not anticipate there to be any grocery circulars in Wednesday's paper. If I am remembering correctly, the grocery stores will either just continue the current sale items or not really have anything on special for the week. Either way we all will probably be up to our eyeballs in leftovers and not interested in doing much shopping or meal planning the day after Christmas. But get ready..... January is historically the BEST month for inserts. They will be thick and hearty if they hold true to years past. If anyone did not get the Sunday only subscription and live in Greensboro, let me know and I can still get you one. This would be the perfect time of year before the January inserts come out.

There are some deals out there to be had this week. If anyone has a need for diapers and wipes there is a deal going on that is awesome. Go to www.afullcup.com and check out the Target coupons. There is a coupon for 3.00 off 2 Huggies items. Target has the soft pack of Huggies wipes for $1.48 each which means FREE wipes when you buy 2 and use the $3.00 coupon. If you need diapers, Target will allow you to stack a Target coupon and a manufacturer's coupon together. I bought 2 packs of diapers and used (1) 3.00 off and (2) 1.00 mfg coupons. The regular price of jumbo(?) pack of diapers was 9.99 so 2 packs cost 7.49 each. I bought 2 packs of diapers, 9 packs of wipes, 3 bottles of baby wash, and a pack of washcloths (1.49) and paid a total of 17.86. Pretty good. I love Target.... just not the Target on Bridford Parkway because they do not like their own coupons and will refuse to take them! Crazy.

Just wanted to put this out there too. Grab a coupon and look at the bar code on the bottom and look at the top next to the expiration date box. Sometimes coupons will say "do not double" or "do not triple". Look again at the bottom bar code. On the far left outside of the bars is a tiny number. It will be a 5 or a 9. If it is a 5, the coupon will double. If the number is a 9, the coupon will not double. Same system will hold true during triple coupons when they roll around again. Figured I would pass that on because for the longest time I would get ready to buy something and see the "do not double" and tell myself that I was not willing to pay that extra amount and was only willing to spend what the product would have cost with the coupon being doubled. Saw this information on another site and it has held true for me everytime.

Another thought, as the end of the years approaches and we all start our resolutions, think about keeping track of your grocery spending and savings. I have been doing this for years but at the end of the year it is awesome to be able to turn to my husband and tell him I saved him thousands this past year and have "proof"! It might be a cool thing to do especially if you have just gotten started in couponing and am curious if this really worth the effort and madness and by the end of next year, you will shout YES!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas,
Genna